Documents to sell, and to buy
To sell calmly and buy safely.
Documentation required to sell real estate properties
To market a real estate property for sale (in its second or subsequent transmission) you will only need these documents:
- Nota Simple (even if it's older than 3 months).
- Last receipt of IBI and Community.
- and Energy Certificate.
You can take a photo, scan it, screenshot it, cross out some bank if you wish, etc.
The Energy Certificate and its registration, where the energy label appears, will have been sent to you in PDF.
You can send us everything by whatsapp or email, whatever is most comfortable for you.
If there is no Community of Owners, you only need the Nota Simple, the last IBI receipt, and the Energy Certificate ”.
If they are plots or land, only the Nota Simple and the last IBI receipt.
With this documentation we can correctly inform (on surfaces, usual expenses and energy label), to the buyers interested in acquiring real estate properties.
For developers with properties built in their 1st transmission, or in project or under construction, see the detail of documents on this page. As a general rule, you should have everything in the DIA (Abbreviated Information Document) of the project, or of the houses already built in it's 1st transmission.
We do not sell properties that are not properly documented.
Documentation needed to buy
- Your NIF (NIE if you are not a Spanish citizen).
- A bank account from which to make the transfer for the amount of the deposit agreed for the signing of the private contract, and the rest until the price is completed on the day of the signature in the notary.
For the mortgage:
These are the most common documents that will be requested by the bank where you decide to hire it (they depend on each bank and are delivered by the client directly to the entity):
- 3 Last Payrolls.
- Income tax declarations.
- Employment contracts.
- Spanish Laboral life document.
- Account statements of at least 6 months.
- House reservation contract and Nota Simple.
- If other real estate properties are own, the Notas Simples of each one.
- Latest receipts for any current loan.
If you meet all the requirements requested by the bank, mortgage loans can be granted for 80% of the price of the home, or its "appraised value for mortgage purposes" (the lower of both values). The remaining 20% plus purchase expenses, and those agreed with the bank, must be part of your savings prior to purchase.
Depending on the guarantees that can be provided, the bank may request more or less available savings. It also depends on whether there is multiple income in the family unit, whether it has other properties, and the debt capacity calculated by the bank.
At Regentehomes we are not and do not act as financial intermediaries, limiting ourselves to facilitating contact with banks where you can request the loan, which will negotiate directly with them and without any intervention on our side.
¿Porqué es necesaria?
It is very important to have the documentation that shows the data on surfaces (from the Local Registry of properties and Spanish Catastro), the usual expenses (IBI and Community), and on emissions and consumption (Energy Label). Nowadays, any buyer will ask to be shown the receipts or at least will demand that the data provided from the corresponding documentation of the real estate.
For this reason, we collect the necessary documents for the commercialization process, the preparation of the private contract (once an offer is accepted), and the closing of the operation.
We ask the local Property Registry for an updated Nota Simple of the property, because it is necessary to have an updated document that shows the ownership of the property.
This is much easier if we have an old Nota Simple, or the registration data in the local Registry, which you will easily find in the title of purchase, registry of inheritance, or even mortgages of the property.
If you prefer to request it directly, you can go to the Property Registry that corresponds to the property. This procedure can also be done through the internet on the page www.registradores.org in the "online registration" section.
Last receipt of IBI and Community.
The annual cost of IBI and the monthly cost of the Community are data continuously consulted by buyer clients interested in a property, and to avoid errors or misunderstandings, we only communicate data that is contrasted with the receipts.
In addition, with the Catastro reference of the property, provided by the IBI receipt, we obtain the Catastro information of the property, which provides several important data such as surfaces.
If you do not keep the IBI (green card) or Community receipt, you can request a copy from the bank where it is paid or bank app.
Energy Efficiency Certificate:
It is mandatory by law to market or put a property up for sale (except industrial warehouses, except for the part destined for offices if it is greater than 50m2, lots without project, warehouses and parking lots (although the obligation may vary due to changes in the regulations).
The truth is that more and more buyers are asking about the energy rating of the property, and if it does not have it, it will give a negative impression, in addition to not being able to compete with any other that does.
It is valid for 10 years and can be obtained by ordering it from an Engineer or Architect.
Energy certificates consist of two documents, the certificate itself, and the one for registration with the Junta de Andalucia (which is the one that provides the energy label).
At Regentehomes we can put you in contact with professionals who will do it for you for a reduced price and you will be paid directly to them.
Documentación necesaria para vender inmuebles construidos en su 1ª transmisión (Promotores)
In the case of housing developments already completed, in addition to the Nota Simple Informativa from the Local Property Registry, the latest IBI and Community receipts paid, and the Energy Efficiency Certificate, you will need:
DIA, Abridged Informative Document for properties built in its 1st transmission.
Notary Declaration of completed new construction and documents attached to it (Date of delivery to the developer, first occupation license, building book and ten-year insurance).
This documentation can be easily obtained from the Architect, who will surely have all the digitized documents.
For properties built in the first transmission, and unless the developer has Explanatory note of forms of payment with the legal guarantees for payments on account and the corresponding insurance, the properties are sold only free of charge and with a sale contract with deposit reservation; and payment for the rest to the total price at the signing of the purchase title at the notary.
Documentación necesaria para vender inmuebles en proyecto o en construcción (Promotores)
In general, all documentation should be incorporated into the DIA (Abridged Informative Document) for homes in project or under construction.
- Explanatory note on the form of payment and copy of the contract for sale.
- Date of delivery to the developer, building license, building book, and insurances.
Explanatory note on the form of payment and copy of the contract for sale.
- Document with the sale price of the house, this being the one that must be paid as payment for the house and that does not include the annexes (parking or storage room), unless it is not possible to acquire the house without them. Price of annexes if sold separately. Detailed information on all types of taxes or general expenses that are caused as a result of the sale and the buyer must pay.
- Sale price of the house, as well as its annexes and accessory services, indicating the taxes and other expenses as well as the form of payment. In the case of anticipating price deferrals, the applicable interest rate and the "TAE" through a representative example, the amounts to be paid for principal and interest, the due date of both, the term, the admissible means of payment and the guarantees that the consumer must provide for the amounts deferred.
- In the case of the possibility for the consumer to subrogate himself in a credit operation not arranged by him, with a real guarantee on the home itself, the notary authorizing the corresponding deed, its date, the registration data in the Property Registry, the mortgage liability that corresponds to your home and the credit conditions. If the interest rate is fixed or variable; in the latter case, the benchmark and the margin; the number of annual installments; expiration dates and amounts; the repayment term; and commissions for subrogation and early repayment. Validity periods of any of the above mentions.
- It will be stated that any amount delivered by the purchaser of a home to the seller prior to the formalization of the contract will be deducted from the total price of the sale, unless it is unequivocally established that said delivery is made in another way.
- Mention of the consumer's right to obtain, where appropriate, a binding offer in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Credit Law.
- Contractual model to be used, without including clauses that may contravene the legislation: That the consumer will not bear the expenses derived from the qualification that correspond to the seller. The consumer's right to choose the notary. The possibility, in due course, of any of the contracting parties to reciprocally compel each other to make the sale and purchase a public deed as soon as the consent and other requirements necessary for its validity have intervened.
Date of delivery to the developer, building license, building book, and insurances.
- Building book contemplated in article 7 of Law 38/1999, of November 5, on Building Planning, with the content established by current housing regulations.
- Documentation of the constitution of the insurance referred to in article 19 of Law 38/1999, of November 5, on Building Planning, indicating the name of the insurance company, its address and number of the contract policies.
- Document with reference to the phase in which the works are located and the expected date for their completion. In the event that the homes are being completed and / or equipped, especially with regard to kitchens, air conditioning systems, domestic hot water systems and any other completion or finish.
- Document with the delivery date of the house, its annexes, common areas or accessory elements. The date on which, at least, the quarter and year will be valid.
- Documentation that proves the receipt of the work by the developer, or with the date established for this requirement.
- Copy of administrative licenses or equivalent administrative acts necessary for the use or occupation of the home, its annexes, common areas and accessory services and, where appropriate, which ones are not available, adding the commitment to obtain them with the greatest possible diligence.
- Identifying data of the registration of the home in the Property Registry, as well as of its charges on the date of provision of the information. If it is not registered, this information will be expressly mentioned, then the registration data of the site on which the house has been built and its charges will be collected.